Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Chocolate Cinnamon Pancakes with both Glazed and Fresh Cut Strawberries garnished with Kiwi Stars


Like I said earlier strawberries are coming in season and I have been trying to experiment with them as best as possible. The only problem is, I have only had the interest to make breakfast with them. But I think I have found a great combination. The pancakes themselves have cinnamon and chocolate chips in them. While on the outside I glazed half the strawberries that I set aside and simply left the other half as an extra topping choice. The Garnish of course needed to have some representation of what was in the pancakes so that is the reasoning behind the chocolate chips on the outside of the pancake. After I was done with the pancakes and strawberries the plate just didn't quite seem right, then when I saw the kiwi in my kitchen I thought that it would make a great finishing touch. The Kiwi was a last minute addition to the plate, and turned out pretty well for the overall presentation of the meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment