Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Hand Made Cheese and Artichoke Ravioli Tossed in a Mushroom olive oil dressing
















This is my second attempt at making ravioli by scratch, and I finally got it. The first time was clearly a disaster. This second time produced nice thick pieces filled with the right amount of mixture. The combination of the artichoke and cheese worked really well. Then I simply sauteed some mushrooms in butter and extra virgin olive oil with some garlic, onions and various spices. What I found was most important was that you have to cook the ravioli rather quickly, the last time they didn't hold very well. However after I cooked these and tossed them with the mushrooms I added some grated Parmesan and it turned out quite well. The funny thing is that I made such big pieces, really only about 3 or 4 is all you need.

No comments:

Post a Comment