Monday, July 19, 2010

Sauteed Vegetable and Chicken Enchilada Plate















Without sounding full of myself, I think I can honestly say that my cooking is getting really good, hahahaha. This plate was a spur of the moment thing that started off as simply chicken and rice that I wanted cook. However once I get going it is hard to stop. The rice is a simple Mexican rice, and there is also corn, black beans, olives and avocado. The enchiladas that I made contain two different things. I first started by boiling chicken in a pot with various spices till cooked, then shredded it and simmered it in a simple tomato based sauce that also included onion, garlic and several other spices. Separately I sauteed vegetables with a special vegetable spice that is a mixture containing about 5 different spices. Then combined the chicken in the sauce and the vegetables in the enchiladas. The picture shows a bit of the chicken with the sauce on the side as well as the sauteed vegetables. The vegetable mixture contained Green Bell Pepper, Red Onion, Mushrooms and Yellow Squash. All together the plate combination worked well and the only thing I think it was missing was sour cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment