Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Steak Salad

Ok ok, I made a mistake with this by forgetting two things, which I had with me in the kitchen but simply forgot to put them on the plate. I forgot the Buffalo Mozzarella cheese and Fresh Basil leaves. The Buffalo Mozzarella gets sliced and put in between the steak and tomato slices. However, the salad was still a success. The meat was Beef Ribs that were marinated in a balsamic vinegar and red wine with some rosemary. I was not able to BBQ the meat so instead pan fried it which also turned out very well. One quick note before I cooked the meat in the pan I had rubbed it down with some Shallot Salt to help bring a good flavor out of the meat. Once on the plate I drizzled Extra Virgin Olive Oil, White Balsamic Vinegar and the left over combination of Red Wine, Balsamic Vinegar and Rosemary that was simmered down to thicken. The end result was very tasty. Rib meat is very tender and a nice choice for something like this as well as Fillet Mignon.

No comments:

Post a Comment