Sunday, September 11, 2011

Opah Fish with a Summer Vegetables in a White Wine Cream Sauce


I have been waiting to attempt a meal like this for a while. I started experimenting with some fish dishes during my time in Sweden, and ever since I have come back I have been wanting to continue but just never had the opportunity. The fish that I used for this meal is called an Opah Fish; from the little research that I did on the fish it typically swims in the category with other Hawaiian fishes. Also known as the "Hawaiian Moon Fish". The fish monger that I got it from said it is similar to a Tuna but rather then having that dark redish pink color it is white, yet still very meaty and not so delicate. I pan fried the fish and paired it with a very nice lighter sauce cream sauce that consisted of a dry style Chardonnay and various vegetables. The plate was very nice and paired well as a whole, though as a dish it was missing at least one more component in my opinion. I would have liked to have potatoes with the meal, possibly lady fingers or Yukon golds. However, very nice and definitely a good test for me as my experience with Fish as not as good as with other meats.
The Vegetables were Trumpet Mushrooms, Red Onions, Carrots and Red Peppers.

No comments:

Post a Comment