Thursday, November 18, 2010

Baked Blue Cheese Chicken Roulade with Creamed Spinach & Tomato


I took the idea of the chicken roulade that I have been doing and figured out how to get the result that I have been looking for. I wanted to do a breaded chicken roulade however frying it in the pan turned out to be more of a hassle then I really wanted, and the result wasn't even there. But baking gives the perfect end result with none of the mess. I wasn't sure about the blue cheese with the chicken but figured I would try it anyway. The blue cheese that I have been getting here is different though from Point Reyes Blue cheese back in California. Their's is a lot stronger and at times or for some people is to strong. The blue cheese that I get here is mainly coming from Denmark. It is equally as tasty as the blue cheese from point reyes, but without the overwhelming strength. I have had two different blue cheeses from Denmark and both have been pleasantly surprising. They have a strong smell leading to an expected strong taste but instead giving a nice creamy taste, with a good finish. When rolled in the chicken it was also surprisingly good, the two paired quite well. i could see that if the cheese was to strong it would not pair well with the chicken but this blue was very nice. For the breading I couldn't support enough using crushed corn flakes. I think it makes a really good breading that is very easy. This particular breading I also added some paprika and kebab seasoning, which gave it a nice spice. The sliced tomato is something I have always been fond of no matter what I eat, I always like having a couple slices of tomato. The creamed spinach is coming along, I haven't quite figured out how much cheese to flour to cream to use but this time i definitely did not use enough spinach and to much flour. But it also went well with the chicken.

No comments:

Post a Comment