Sunday, December 26, 2010

Tri Colored Chicken Cacciotore

The Pasta, I must confess was not made by me although I plan on starting my experimentation with colored pasta soon. When I was asking about what is used for the coloring, some common responses that I would get were, obviously tomato juice to make the pasta red and Spinach juice to make the pasta green. Although to make the pasta black I got several answers that referred me to Squid ink. Though that was the only answer I got I'm sure that I could use really any kind of vegetable that would give me a black liquid because it doesn't really add much of a taste to the pasta but rather, simply a color. This pasta though that I made turned out really good. I also have been starting to realize what pasta noodles go with what kind of sauces. For example this sauce was particularly thicker and obviously had chicken in it, therefore it needed something more substantial then just spaghetti noodles. Therefore I used bow-tie pasta noodles or another one that would have been good would be simple tagliatelle pasta. Both of these types are thicker and give me to the sauce and the chicken which is obviously the main focus in this dish.

No comments:

Post a Comment