Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Chicken in a caper cream sauce with Pecorino Broccoli

This is a dish that I have been thinking about for a very long time, but simply am not quite sure how to make yet. The original item that I wanted to make was a simple Chicken in truffel sauce, I had the dish in Italy several times and it was one of my favorite. I have tried recreating the dish today, but had little success. Therefore, luckily I was able to save the meal and turn it into something else. The sauce had cream, butter, capers, a bay leaf, shallots and garlic. At the end the sauce tasted great however broke because I had the heat up to high. This is when I decided to simply cook the chicken in the broken sauce. I was able to save the flavor and get the chicken to absorb the aromas and flavors of the ingredients which came out to be very good. The broccoli was kept very simple and was blanched then immediately I grated some Pecorino Romano cheese on top to melt, a great combination. Overall the meal still turned out to be a success, even though it was not ideally what I was going for when I started.

No comments:

Post a Comment