Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Mid East meets Italy on a Quesadilla

So I had some extra cheese and cilantro and other things in my fridge from some previous dish I was making and had a left over bottle of white wine. I thought what would be better then Quesadillas. Usually when I make them I don't necessarily have a set plan and try to make the best combination of what I have at home. This time it worked out so well, my friend that was with me said specifically, "It tastes so fresh and is a really good combination of flavors. I started by making a simple version of a bobaganoosh. Fried eggplant with turmeric, mint, garlic, onion and salt & pepper. Once the eggplant is fried smash it and spread as a topping on the tortilla. For a cheese I used Mozzarella and Gorgonzola cheese, then finally put some frech cilantro on top and melted everything together in a pan. The end result was soo good, very tasty and flavorful. The cilantro gives it a nice fresh taste, breaking through the oil of the cheese, while the gorgonzola gives the whole combination that extra bite.

No comments:

Post a Comment