Sunday, July 17, 2011

Stuffed Squash with an Oregano Caper Tomato Sauce



The stuffing was kept very simple, carrots, Yellow & Green Squash, Green Bell Peppers, Red Onion, Yellow Peppers, Chicken, Cilantro, cheese, Olive oil and Balsamic Vinegar. Soo good, especially inside a Squash, I usually do peppers but once I found this squash I thought... it was made to be stuffed! The sauce is a simple tomato sauce with oregano, thyme, onion & garlic, salt & pepper and capers. Let that simmer for some time and it brings out some great flavors of the capers that blend really well with the tomatoes. I tried some different things with the presentation, but am not 100% about it, though I'm not quite sure why. The food the was great and each individual flavor blended very nicely together, there were no extreme flavors that took over.

No comments:

Post a Comment