Thursday, October 3, 2013

Tuna Casserole, Improved!!


I know i've posted this before, but this time I have been hit by lightning!

That moment when you take something your parents have been making your whole life and you make it better!

Items I removed: 
- Cream of mushroom soup
- Milk

Items I added:
- Water
- Black Truffle Italian Sea Salt
- Herbs in Duxelles Seasoning (combination of the following powdered items Porcini, Shitake and Bolete mushrooms, shallots, lemon peel, chervil, parsley, tarragon, and chives)

The results were a lighter dish that proved to have a huge flavor punch that lingered for hours in your mouth. I watched a documentary on food and they brought up a good point. We take these amazing ingredients and season them with so many things to the point that sometimes we loose the purpose of those amazing ingredients. They stated, and I totally agree, why not season a tomato dish with Tomato powder? enhance the flavor with that of it's own? This is something that has really grabbed my attention and I am definitely going to be testing this out more.

No comments:

Post a Comment