Monday, April 26, 2010

Angel hair pasta with a mango chicken sausage sauce


I love making pastas. The main reason is the sauce. It can be different every time. At the beginning when I first started making my sauces they were not very good. I didn't understand. However since the beginning of this year I can honestly say that I am getting there. One technique that I found to work out is using the left over oil from different marinated vegetables, such as marinated artichoke hearts, or roasted red peppers. The left over oil is really good for flavoring and adding oil to the sauce. Obviously it is important to let it simmer. This specific sauce I used regular tomato paste with a can of stewed tomatoes, oil from artichoke hearts and roasted red peppers, roasted red peppers, garlic and basil. Oh, also the chicken mango sausage, which adds a nice touch to the flavoring as well. On top I like to chop up some fresh basil and grate some pecorino cheese. This sauce was a little more on the thick side, which is what I was going for, and then the last 20 minutes I like to blend the sauce to give the consistency of that thicker sauce. I also like doing this because it helps to blend up the peppers and sausage in this case. Typically though this kind of sauce I would use more for macaroni style noodles or spirals. With the longer thinner noodles I think it is better to use lighter not so heavy sauces.

No comments:

Post a Comment