Sunday, April 11, 2010

Lobia Polo va Morgh


The title of this dish is written in Farsi, but the translation for it is basically Yellow Rice with Black Eyed Peas and Chicken. The chicken was allowed to marinate in a particular mixture that I got from my dad, after a while of experimenting with different combination's of spices. The rice was mixed with Turmeric to allow the yellow color. This was my first time making the rice, and instead of doing it in a rice cooker I also made it in a pot which changed things a bit. Normally at home it is done in a pot as well, however because of time constraints I make it in a rice cooker. So the chicken turned out really well, but I wasn't to worried about it because I have done it before many times. The black eyed peas also proved to be a little more difficult as well because I could not find canned peas, so I had to get dry ones and boil them, which was also a first for my self.

No comments:

Post a Comment