Monday, April 19, 2010

Left over fajita scramble with trumpet mushrooms


Breakfast, what a vast topic. Some people like to eat breakfast and some don't. I think it just depends on what you are eating. I love breakfast, although am not always able to make time to get to it. This plate is one of those reasons you make time to have breakfast. Yesterday I had left overs from a Mexican restaurant I went to in Santa Cruz. I had chicken fajitas there, and they were pretty good. However it was definitely one of those things that is much better as leftovers the next day. I heated up the mixture in a pan added some Cheddar, Jack, Queso Quesadilla and Asadero cheese. Then sliced up a giant trumpet mushroom and sauteed it in with the mixture. Finally simply scrambled two eggs, added more of the cheese mixture and threw everything together. The result was sooo good. Really it was, and you know by eating with me when it comes to my breakfasts that if I say something is good it's good. Because when I make things that don't turn out well, I get upset. I highly recommend this to this people that want to add something more to there breakfast eggs rather then ketchup, try throwing in leftovers from the previous day, you might get surprised.

No comments:

Post a Comment