Monday, February 14, 2011

Rosemary Lemon Chicken with Bechamel Scalloped Cheese Potatoes, Carrots, Tomato and Avocado



The main item that was new to for this dish is the Scalloped potatoes. I have started practice on my sauces, and a simple Bechamel sauce is a necessary must for a chef's knowledge. For my first time it turned out rather well, and resulted in making the potatoes really good. I also used grated Pecorino Romano, Sharp Cheddar and Monterey Jack cheese with the potatoes. The carrots were slightly boiled then dipped in a ice cold bath to preserve flavor and crunch, while the tomatoes were simply salted and avocado sliced. The chicken is actually thighs, which I think tends to be a tasty part of the chicken. But very simply pan fried with rosemary and fresh squeezed lemon juice.

No comments:

Post a Comment