Friday, February 25, 2011

Spinach & Tomato Tagliettelle Pasta with a Caper Cream Sauce and Avocado

This was a quick lunch pasta, very simple. I have been starting to make Noodles ahead of time to let dry and store for use later in the next 2 days. It definitely helps making them in advance I have free time, especially as things get busier.
Anyway, this is the great thing about pastas, you can make so many different kinds but making small adjustments to the ingredients. It just takes a little curiosity, some knowledge of what sounds good in your mind and the will to experiment. I had recently bought a lot of spinach that I got a good deal on. And typically the way I cook is not based off of what I want but what I have in my fridge, I believe a true cook can make a meal out of anything, as long as a few of the basics are around. Therefore this one I was going to naturally use the spinach seeing as how I have so much of it right now. Once I thought about it though I could not just stay with that and because I was going to do a cream sauce I thought what better then tomatoes, to give a little sweet taste to the sauce. I also just bought a jar of capers that I have been wanting to experiment with so I guess if anything those were the determining factors in the creation of this dish. Capers may be small but can add such a great taste to sauce, both red and white. Then those sauces whether red or white go really well on a variety of fishes and chicken. All together this was yet another great lunch that was perfectly finished with some grated Pecorino Romano and bread. The only thing that I would change about the dish is about adding a glass of dry white wine to the sauce as well to enhance the taste of the sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment