Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Spaghetti a la Bolognese


Yes, another Bolognese sauce, however I added something more to the dish that made a significant turn of results. First, I used ground turkey meat rather then beef, that already changed the heaviness of the dish. It is not necessarily a very easy thing to notice but if you eat a lot bolognese sauces with ground beef then suddenly switch to ground turkey you can definitely tell the difference. The ground turkey adds a lighter texture to the sauce, and is not so heavy. However the main thing that I added was a mole rub to both the meat when I was cooking it and as well the sauce when I was simmering it, which by the way was about 2 hours for this sauce. The mole rub added a spicy taste that at the beginning was to much however over time when I let it simmer down with the sauce created a very nice marriage between the two.

No comments:

Post a Comment