Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Stuffed Cannelloni




This is my first time making stuffed Cannelloni, although I have wanted to for a long time now. Inside the mixture contained sauteed red onions, Lime infused olive oil, Oregano & Rosemary, Sharp cheddar cheese, Monterey jack cheese and Pecorino Romano cheeses. I also included Sauteed Spinach, and Lemon Rosemary Chicken. The combination was definitely very good, nothing stood out on it's own in a negative way, and the combination of everything definitely gives a satisfying feeling. The filling had a nice Lemony taste to it, which I think was important for the combination of flavors, in a way I guess you could say that it was a bit refreshing. The pictures are three different shots, I wasn't sure which one would be best. The first obviously is just with the sauce, the second has some of the extra filling on top and the third has more sauce on top of that. The sauce was a cream based sauce, that I added carrots and tomatoes to give it a natural sweetness. I think that carrots are a great natural vegetable to add to sauces to make it sweeter.

No comments:

Post a Comment