Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Baked Apple


So i have never had or even seen a baked apple. I have heard about them and for some reason today when I was picking apples off a tree with a friend, June and it hit me that I should try making one, even though I don't really know much about them past the fact that you bake it, hahahaha. So this one I basically scooped out the insides and chopped them up very small. Then tried glazing them with some powdered vanilla sugar from my neighbor, Sara. I didn't have any sugar and originally thought that brown sugar would be good but I couldn't find any at the store, so luckily I could borrow some. After I tried glazing the apple insides I also added honey to the mixture and kind of melted that all together, which was a good touch. Afterward I stuck the mixture back inside the apple, put the top on and stuck it in the oven. It was in there for about 8 to 10 minutes , which I think next time I will bring it out a little earlier so as not to get so soft. However I added the vanilla ice cream which also was a good touch and drizzled the plate with honey.
All together it was pretty good, I think next time I will definitely try to use brown sugar and possibly maybe something that can mash the apple insides a little bit better. I thought about melting down some chocolate with cream and adding to the apple, however I thought it would be to overwhelming as I wanted to keep it simple and stay focused and the apple flavor. However I do think that drizzled chocolate would definitely work well next time, maybe not having it on the inside but on the outside might be a good option.

No comments:

Post a Comment