Sunday, September 19, 2010

Chanterelle Mushroom breakfast sandwich

So for breakfast today I had another egg sandwich however this time I added basil to the egg as I was frying it, however it should be fresh basil. Another cool thing that I found out about this area is that Chanterelle Mushrooms are grown here, all over. So they are pretty cheap. In the states Chanterelle Mushrooms are very expensive.
So on the sandwich I have a regular mayo, mustard and tomato. But I also sauteed some Chanterelle mushrooms and I found a new cheese from a cheese shop I stopped at in Malmo. The cheese is a standard apparently to Sweden. It is really good, it's a hard cow's milk cheese and is called Vaslerbotten. I totally did not understand the guy when he was telling me the name so he wrote it down for me. The word does have some accents on top of the letters but I cannot do that on this blog. But yeah the cheese is actually really good and with the sandwich was really good.

No comments:

Post a Comment