Monday, September 20, 2010

Mozzarella Caprese

So good
and what really made the dish was of course, the cheese! I purchased it from a cheese shop in Malmo but it could probably be found anywhere really. It is Mozzarella di bufala campana, from Tre Stelle, is the company. The cheese was so rich in flavor and taste. Very good. However as much as the cheese is important it is still on a part of the dish, and the key ingredients to this plate was definitely the basil leaves off of my plant and the olive oil. I will admit that I don't have very good balsamic right now so it's really not worth mentioning but still gave the addition to the plate that can give you an idea of the capabilities that can be uncovered. The tomatoes are also extremely important as well. I like to use vine ripened tomatoes, they have a really good earthy taste to them and are not bland. You can cut right into them and smell the flavor. Much different from roma, or other typical store bought tomatoes, (organic or not). All in all, this was definitely as good as it looks. If only I can find Mozzarella cheese like this in the states.

No comments:

Post a Comment