Sunday, September 5, 2010

Pot Luck!!!

What better medium to meet people over then food. So my neighbor, Paolo and I decided to have a potluck. Such a good idea, more people ended up coming then what we had planned for. It was a little hard to get the idea across to everybody, it wasn't 100% understood but people still showed up and brought something to share. The funny thing is though a lot of people had eaten before they came over? We were a bit confused at first but then came to the conclusion that it was ok, more food for us! hahaha, The mix of people was good in my opinion but a little extreme at the beginning, not everybody was ok at first but shortly after we started eating the conversing began. I can't remember every single one but there were students from all over. Germany, Holland, Sweden, Portugal, France... and I think that was about it, oh the U.S. of course.






































Here is a picture of four of the French students that are in our program.











I made two things to bring to the event, clearly potato salad and a type of babaganoush. The potato salad was completely finished and everyone liked it. However I wasn't fully satisfied with it, hahaha. When I went to the store to get pickles, mustard and mayo I didn't quite realize how different they would be till I got home. The pickles that i was told would be sour ended up being sweet, the mustard which was this cross between spicy and sweet that wasn't the best but wasn't the worst. The mayo was also different from what I am used to as well, but.... it's ok, hahahaha people liked it sooo everything went well. The babaganoush went fast as well, people really liked that. Later that night we all went out as well.












No comments:

Post a Comment