Monday, September 20, 2010

Lunch pasta

I don't really know what to call this,
I would like to find some simple way
of saying "simple lunch pasta" without actually saying it, hahaha.
But as simple as the name is, it is sauteed onion and garlic in olive oil and butter mixed in with the noodles. On the side, sliced ciabatta bread with olive oil and balsamic and some slices of that cheese that I picked up at the market that I still haven't figured out the name to. However, it was very good. I consider it a lunch pasta because it can be served with many other items in my opinion. Whereas if you make a red sauce pasta it kind of in my opinion takes the spot light. Where in most cultures lunch tends to be the bigger meal I think that a no sauce pasta can be a really nice choice being light and simple along side or served after a salad and before some kind of mushroom risotto. All being paired actually quite nicely with a bottle of Basa 2008 Rueda wine from Spain. Yes, that would be the perfect lunch! Then possibly finishing with a piece of Tiramisu. hahahahaha, I'm getting hungry again.

1 comment:

  1. Madonna Santa! That looks lovely! Indeed, it would make a fabulous dish for a pic nic! And... no you did NOT say RUEDA!!! Amazing. :D

    ReplyDelete