Monday, October 11, 2010

Balsamic Marinated Cilantro Meatball Sandwich


These are the meatballs that I just talked about in the previous entry. The sat overnight and through the morning. The first important part of this is having two good thick pieces of bread to soak up the sauce that you use yet not get to soggy. I pan fried the meatballs and also made a simple marinara sauce that simmered for about 45 minutes. The cheese is the same Swedish cheese that I have been using, that I STILL don't know what the name is, but it honestly is a really good melting cheese. The sandwich was better eaten, open face style. The meatballs were reallly good, the balsamic vinegar definitely made them a lot juicy and moist which was apparent when you ate them by themselves or in the sandwich. I think some of the things that would have made this sandwich even better would have been more sauce, unfortunately I didn't add enough tomato sauce at the beginning. Also simply adding an egg to the meatball mixture from the beginning would have been good. I didn't simply because I didn't have any eggs to use at the time. But in the past I have done it and really see the difference, the meat holds together a lot better. Another really good sandwich though int he end.

No comments:

Post a Comment