Thursday, October 7, 2010

Spaghetti a la Bolognese

After my return from Italy what is the first thing I do? MAKE THE SAUCE THAT I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO FIGURE OUT FOREVER! hahaha
I finally got it, and man did it turn out sooo good. I used so pecorino cheese slices since I don't have a grater. The best pasta... by far.
Something else that I was reminded of while I was in Italy was the simplicity in cooking. Italian cooking is known as one of those styles of cooking that everyone loves and all have there own version of. The funny thing is that as much as others try to duplicate it they keep getting farther and farther away from the simplicity behind it. I had a couple really good conversation of food, while eating food, with several people from around the world and several other italians. We were talking about the differences in cooking and how each of us usually make our food. I realized when eating the food that was made by the italian lady that everything was so simple. She told me that for most sauces the most important thing is the amount of time it's cooking. As obvious as it is and as many times as i have heard that it finally clicked in my head.
This will definitely be one of my main starters for my restaurant; simple, good and recognizable.

No comments:

Post a Comment