Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Chicken Roulade


I know they are small but I'm still only feeding just me for right now. The chicken is stuffed with Mozzarella di Buffala cheese and fresh basil leaves. One piece I also added tomato to and the other I used red bell pepper. The cheese was so good, it did not over power the meal in any way. I actually heard mention of using this kind of cheese with chicken and kind of went from there. It melts well and offers a really good taste, I can only imagine how much better the dish would get with even better mozzarella. I used a low quality cheese in this case and it still came out surprisingly well and had a good taste. The Basil, tomato and red bell pepper were all good choices as well. Of course I didn't really have much to put with the chicken so I made rice. Why? Because rice goes with everything! But I think that what would be a good pairing is the chicken then some potatoes that i have been cooked and simmered in a red wine reduction. For presentation I think that fingerling potatoes would work really well.

No comments:

Post a Comment