Saturday, October 16, 2010

Cilantro & Cheese stuffed Chicken with a Vegetable & Chanterelle Mushroom Cream Sauce


So this dish took inspiration from a number of people. Namely, Elaine, Marcy and David. I have never done a stuffed chicken roll before but have eaten it on two seperate occasions with Marcy & Elaine. Recently I had seen an episode on TV where someone made a cheese stuffed chicken that looked really good and suddenly a light bulb turned on in my head. From there I knew I wanted to try it and had the cheese in my fridge. I used a very common Swedish cheese that is similar to Jack but is alot sharper, has more of a bite. I wanted more but the only other thing I had in my fridge was Cilantro so I went ahead and added that. The only problem that I had left was the sauce. In my head the dish wasn't complete without a sauce and something else to eat with the chicken. So I decided to finally use a recipe for a sauce that I got from a friend, David. He used it before when the two of us collaborated on a dinner one night. His sauce was really good, but was primarily a mushroom based one. I unfortunately do not exactly have access to the same ingredients that he had so I had to alter the sauce a bit. I ended up adding carrots to the dish and used a chicken stock that i had made earlier in the day, that was also really good. As a pairing the two are phenomenal. Great combination. I really got inspired to try more things with chicken in terms of stuffing it, I think it is such a good concept for those times when all you have is chicken but you want to try something new.

No comments:

Post a Comment