Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Lemon and Basil Garlic sauteed Shrimp Pasta


I stopped by the fish cart today that is at the market on Wednesdays and ended up walking away with shrimp. I have done this dish in the past but with the small little baby shrimp, these were whole bigger shrimp. Whenever I have cooked tiger prawns on the grill I leave there skin and heads on, so I tried the same thing here, realizing that I probably shouldn't have. So half way through cooking the shrimp errrrr actually when they were pretty much done I had to take them out and take the skins and heads off. However in the end once I tossed the pasta with the shrimp saute it turned out really well. There was a good lemon taste to the dish that was not over bearing. The small bits of white cheese are simply cut up Pecorino cheese that I added at the end. The bread is a simply covered with some Balsamic and Sliced tomato, which went with the meal really well.

No comments:

Post a Comment